Pages

26 November 2007

What a deal!

One of the great advantages out here is the amazing furniture finds. Exotic antique pieces from all over Asia are brought over every so often throughout the year and one of the big events is the bazaar. This is usually where the vendors are trying to get rid of their yearly stock to make ready for new items. Anyway, we love to browse the huge selection of furniture and a lot of the times there are some great last minute deals. Like the large buffet table we purchased for an amazing price last week! Isn't it beautiful? Another great thing is that there is no import fee to pay since we are already out here so the prices can be very affordable and for such a good piece of furniture; mostly antiques. There are some beautiful peices of furniture out here, I wish we could grab more all the time! We would like to slowly collect our favorite pieces for when we do settle back in the states, which will be nice. This piece is so big it only fits in our spare bedroom. Hmmm...maybe it can serve as a temporary diaper change table. ;)

The piece below is another cool find, we purchased this one last year. This is an antique Tibetan piece. The detailed painting is actually looks more faded. I'm surprised how well the camera highlighted it so well. Haha, check out our ghetto phone.




4 comments:

Jon said...

Those are some beautiful peices of furniture and will make a great theme to your house here in the states! I'm jealous!

Jon said...

Okay, Jon was signed into his email but that's actually me that left the message. whoops.

Ness

Joshey & Krispy said...

Wow! that is an amazing table! I already saw the phone table! reminds me of the tea tables we saw in the shurijo castle! I miss you guys and Japan! I think about that place about once a week! I wish i was able to bring back big stuff when i was over there! Guess who's birthday is comming up???

Rui Z said...

That is so cool! I wish we could find a nice piece of furniture like you guys do. By the way, I loved the picture on the banner. Adorable!!

One more thing...
You are tagged!! Please look at our blog for more details..