Pages

13 June 2010

BIG BEAR Story


Okay so some have already heard this story but I figured that I would illustrate it better here with my drawing at the bottom. It is a quick sketch so forgive the messy lines. I just wanted to show how close we were to the bear since I did not take any pictures. Here is a picture of the Manitou Incline. I didn't take this picture because I forgot my camera...I know I'm lame.

This picture below was taken with the phone camera at the top of the incline. Isabella hiked the easy way riding in the backpack carrier.


After getting to the top of the incline we take another way down. We are walking along the trail and Chris stops suddenly and tells me to stop too because there is a bear ahead. When I looked up and saw the BIG bear I was like, "AWESOME!" Then my brain realizes, HOLY COW A BEAR, how on earth are we going to protect Isabella and ourselves?! This is not the zoo! We also had Chase, our dog, with us and I was afraid that he would start barking at the bear. All we could do was stand still and watch the bear walk away. Which is exactly what we did. I was amazed how quite that big bear was, like he was walking on his tippy toes ever so carefully. Well, all is safe and we made it down the mountain in one piece. What a crazy experience! Oh yeah,the bear was maybe only 25ft away.

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

How can you forget your camera?! Cool experience, but scarey as well. My first reaction probably would have been the same as yours--then reality kicks in that the bear might consider you lunch or dinner. ha! Glad you made it safely out.