Pages

06 January 2009

The New Year: 2009


For 2009 we decided to visit the Futenma Shrine. Visiting a shrine is a big activity for all the locals every new year. With only two days into the new year the crowd was still big and the lines to go up to the shrine were LONG, so instead of going inside we walked around and ate some delicious food.



Crinkle french fries with a little something on top seems to be one of the many snacks out here that you must have at a festival. This one with the sausages looked yummy.

We LOVE these slush drinks; yet another popular item in Okinawa. These are much much better than a 7-Eleven slushie or anything similar to that.

Chris LOVED this next food dish!
It looks like there is squid, octopus, and one other thing, I think, I can't tell. I did try a chunk but did not enjoy the texture in my mouth. The taste was also too fishy for me.


On New Year's Day we roamed around the shopping centers located not too far from our house. We caught the end of a show just outside the shopping center. I love watching and hearing these drums.





Inside the shopping center we came across some funny entertainment. Leave it to the Japanese for a show with characters like these. We laughed and laughed; it was great! The kids there loved it. It was so crowded inside that is was difficult to get close for good pictures.


5 comments:

Vanessa said...

Did you take that picture of Isabella with your new camera?! If you did, that totally rocks. That turned out awesome!!! And I love listening to those drums, I don't know what they are called. I remember them coming to Ricks.

Rui Z said...

All the food you have there makes me very very hungry. I think what I miss most about Japan is food beside my family and friends... I am so jealous!!

Jared and Adrianne Blake said...

yeah, i pretty much miss those slushies with the marble sugarless-jello on the bottom...

Joshey & Krispy said...

How cute! I love looking at all the new pictures that you take! Chris did a good job with the gift, eh?? I miss being out there! It was soo fun!

Jon C. Fibbs said...

Holly Freakin Cow! That picture of Isabella is out-freakin-standing! I absolutely love it! That is worthy of a professional photographer! Just phenomenal!