Pages

11 November 2011

Hunting Season

We headed up near Granby, Colorado for some hunting this week. Chris headed up the mountain with his uncle and on the first day of the trip he got an elk.
Took only one shot! 
Now I need to learn how to cook elk meat. I'm excited to see how it all turns out. Also, I never thought that I would accept antlers in our home as part of the decor but I'm excited for Chris and our family for the first hunting trip and an elk, which was quite a big guy! I was actually the one that asked Chris if we could keep the antlers and he was a bit surprised (me too). I can make the antlers work in the home. I'm proud of my husband and his first elk.
By the way, thanks Eric for the use of your rifle!

Since he was able to get the elk on the first day we had the rest of the time to relax and enjoy the scenery in the area. Below is the docks at Grand Lake. As you can see it started to snow a little.
Grand lake was beautiful!

 Below: The view from our window (front of the house) in the morning. Chris' uncle and aunt's home. I don't know why I didn't take a picture of the view from the other side which was much more grand and beautiful.

Below: Another view of Grand lake.


Grand Lake


I took a drive with Isabella while Chris was hunting and snapped a few of pictures for fun.




1 comment:

Rui Z said...

What a beautiful place and a big elk!!