I made sushi again because I still had avacados, cucumber, and crab left and of course we didn't want that all to go to waste! So this time I took a few more pictures of my progress and what worked for me. I think that I may have seasoned the rice a bit too much but Chris says that it all tasted just fine. As long as he likes what I make then I am happy! My sushi rolls are a kind of large, they could be smaller and I forgot the sesame seeds.
This time I used medium grain rice which was okay. For some reason I can't seem to find a large bag of short grain rice. I was only able to find it by the pound in the bulk bins (normally a bit pricey but I got it on sale and should have bought more). I did use sushi rice or short grain rice the first time and that actually worked better for me. I liked the texture and flavor better and short grain is what you're supposed to use. I know call me weird but there is a difference in rice flavor and its texture. I REALLY like the rice we had in Japan, now that tasted good plain.
My directions and ingredients used click here
1 comment:
Those sushi rolls look really good!! Looking at those pictures makes me very hungry! Good job on making yummy sushi and taking yummy pictures!
Post a Comment