Last weekend we went up north again, this time for the Ocean Expo Park Orchid Festival. We didn't quiet make it to the actual Orchid display because of all the time we had spent with other various activities happening throughout the park. Wish we had more time. We thought this dragon was really creative. 

All of these activities we did were FREE! Admission to the park is free too! We didn't realize all the time we spent had spent on each activity that we didn't get to participate the rest of them. Here we made a drum out of cardboard.

Isabella really enjoyed this one when it was finished.

For this activity we put together bugs made out of a soft wood parts that you peice together to make a three-dimensional bug. We felt like kids having such a good time. We never did anything fun like this as kids before.
Chris put together this beetle. He also did a grasshopper.
This one I think is so pretty. I did a butterfly and a different looking beetle from Chris'. 
This is a perfect way too cool off during the hot summer days. Cool mist rises from the ground and from the ring below the dolphin. The weather actually became a bit cool but still seemed fun kids to keep in playing in the mist. Other FREE activities that we missed included arranging flowers in your own hanging basket, post card making, the orchid display (the main event and we missed it!), the dolphin shows, and more.

Even though we missed a few of the events we still enjoyed a scenic walk around the park. Isabella fell asleep during our walk so we were not able to get more pictures of her having fun.
3 comments:
Wow! I'm blown away at your pictures as usual. How fun the activities are, and FREE! Those are cool ones for free. My kids would have loved them, wish we were there. Give Mochi a kiss for me!
That looks so much fun! I miss Japanese festivals. I wish we had those free events around here, too. By the way, you take really good pictures.
wow! that looks sooo fun! and free is even better! I remember the ocean expo park! wish we were there for that event!
Post a Comment