Pages

02 November 2008

Sad Story

Well something happened in the fish tank today. A gruesome death to one of our piranhas. We don't know how it happened exactly but we heard a ton of splashing and swishing of water and we saw that three of the piranhas were eating the fourth one. Half of his body was gone and he was still trying to swim! So I won't post a picture of it but I can describe it...muahaha! From his tail to his side fins was eaten but then his tail and spine was still attached to the uneaten half. Do you get the picture?
The picture above is when there were younger and only about 2-3 inches long. Today they are about 5 inches long, larger than that red Torii gate you see in the tank. Anyway we are sadly down to three piranhas. When we bought our pirahnas we were advised to buy them in even numbers because they will tend to single out the one. But I guess whether they are in even or odd numbers does not matter. I do have to say that having piranhas is pretty fun, seriously!

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

yikes, that's a pretty nasty description. Are you going to get another to replace that one? Would they eat a smaller fish, yikes. Geez, who says, "I want a pirana for a pet!" hehe, jk.